EMILY's List, which aims to elect Democrat women who support abortion rights, is out Thursday with new polling describing what voters are seeking in a woman president--and, it adds, voters in key states are quite ready for a woman in the White House.
The survey appeared on the same day that a new Quinnipiac University poll showed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton an overwhelming choice among Democratic primary voters, with Vice President Joe Biden a distant second. If Clinton does not run, though, Biden becomes a strong favorite.
In the EMILY's List poll, Lisa Grove and Jeffrey Liszt of Anzalone Liszt Grove Research found that in battleground states:
- 90% would consider voting for a qualified woman candidate from their party
- 86% believe that America is ready to elect a woman president
- 72% believe that it is likely that America will elect a woman president in the next presidential election
- 51% believe that the women elected to Congress and Senate last cycle are making a positive difference
- 75% believe a woman president would be a good thing for this country, and that it will send a positive signal to our children and grandchildren
- And a female president is perceived to be as capable or more capable than a male president when it comes to:
o Understanding the challenges that middle class families face and the challenge of juggling work and family
o Ending partisan bickering
o Putting families ahead of politics
The poll was conducted in nine states. To read more: https://emilyslist.org/sites/default/files/Madam_President_Poll_Release.pdfhttps://emilyslist.org/sites/default/files/Madam_President_Poll_Release.pdf